The Skadden, Arps Honors Program in Legal Studies is a unique partnership between Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP—one of the preeminent law firms in the world—and The City College of New York.
What We Offer
- Merit scholarships
- Free LSAT preparation
- Honors capstone seminar
- Individualized writing instruction
- Law school application support
- Access to the state-of-the-art Skadden Honors Center
The Student’s Commitment
- Skadden Scholars are required to make a two-year commitment to the program, which includes two summers and one winter intercession.
- Attend a four-week summer institute designed to strengthen basic and critical thinking skills and to introduce students to the legal profession.
- Complete the legal studies curriculum, designed to complement a wide range of majors, and to provide students with an advanced understanding of the legal system and its role in US society.
- Take the LSAT exam on a date specified by the program.
- Participate in a six-week internship.
The regular deadline to submit your application is March 15. The early decision deadline is December 31.
We encourage you to download the application and review the instructions for submission. Once you submit the online application, please notify our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we know to look for your application.